New Patients

Register as a New Patient

We have an open list and welcome requests for registration from patients living in or moving to the practice area. The practice area covers up to the new A391 at Holmbush, Carlyon Bay, St Blazey, Par, Tywardreath, to Fowey School west of the river to Pelyn Cross and Golant. We also cover some parts of Luxulyan. Please contact us to check if your address is in our area.

You can register by bringing along your NHS medical card or completing the forms available from reception.  Online pre-registration versions can also be completed below.

You are registered with the Practice, however you can choose who to see provided they are available.

Reminder:  All patients registered with Middleway Surgery are allocated a named GP who is responsible for their overall care.  If you do not know who your named GP is, please contact the Practice who will be happy to inform you.


Please note: We cannot accept online registrations for Out of Area Patients 

The new arrangements introduced in January 2015 give people greater choice when registering with a GP practice.  Patients may approach any GP practice, even if they live outside the practice area (to see if they will be accepted on to the patients list).  The new arrangements mean GP practices now have the option to register patients who live outside the practice area without any obligation to provide home visits.  Out of area registration is voluntary for GP practices meaning patients can be refused on the basis of their address. 

Middleway Surgery will consider your application and will register you without home visits if it is clinically appropriate and practical in your individual case. 

To do this we will: 

·         Ask your permission to get a patient profile from your current surgery to check you are clinically appropriate. 

·         Ask you to complete an out of area registration form.  Please complete this as fully as possible. 

If accepted you will attend the practice and receive the full range of services provided as normal at the surgery.  If you have an urgent care need and the surgery cannot help you at home, we may ask you to call NHS 111 and they will put you in touch with a local service.  (This may be face to face with a local healthcare professional or a home visit where necessary). 

We may decide that it is not in your best interests or practical for you to be registered in this way and may not register you, but advise you should seek to register (or remain registered) with a more local practice. 

If accepted and your health needs change, we may review your registration to see if it would be more appropriate for you to be registered with a GP practice closer to your home. 

The new arrangement only applies to GP practices who live in England. 

For further information visit the NHS website

Change of Personal Details

If you change your address or telephone number, please let our receptionists know by calling or writing to us. It would also be helpful if you let us know your email address. If you change your name we will need to see a copy of your marriage certificate or deed poll as recommended by the counter fraud protection team. If you move outside the practice area you may need to find a doctor in your new area. There are instructions on what to do when you move to a new area on the back of your NHS medical card.

Temporary Patient Registrations

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Non-English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:

Disabled Patient Facilities

There is good access for the disabled to all of our consultation rooms. A designated parking bay is adjacent to the surgery entrance and the surgery has a ramp and wide doors to allow for wheelchair access.

Easy Read Practice Leaflet.pdf